Monday, July 16, 2007

Can You Hear Me Now

From time to time I have heard the comment that this team succeeds in spite of itself; that all they have to do is open the gates and it will all happen. I really do not believe that is the case. We had Jim Hopson on Sportsline tonight to discuss the goings on at Mosaic Stadium this past home game- streakers, Maxtron issues, etc - and he said they do hear us and they are working on it. They will address the Maxtron and Jim also said they had some issues that were a one time thing (not a direct quote but I feel the essence of what he said.) Sadly, you cannot foresee every idiot walking through your gates at a sporting event and therefore cannot quell everything, but when things arise you can work on them and make them better. The Riders are doing that. Plus, in the last number of years there have been comments like: Why do we not have a jumbtron? We do now. Why do the speakers suck? Now they don’t. Why are the bathroom line-ups so long? Well I think they, along with the food lines are, shorter Beer lines I can not tell you as I don’t drink, but I think with the implementation of cans they too maybe have gotten shorter. I think there should be two lines for beer - one for the ones that think the sole reason they are at the game is to drink beer, and another for those that just want to enjoy a few cold ones at the game. But I digress. OK, I don’t completely digress. Don’t get so drunk you’re a complete fool at a Rider game and, good grief, wait for the appropriate time to go get said beverage. I guess the fact that they are going 10 times a game for 2 beers at a pop does not lend itself to a ton of smarts at the best of time. No, all you beer drinkers don’t get mad at me…you have every right to drink as you see fit, and I know none of you reading this are the ones that go to darn muchicus! Semi-Rant off. My game day experience has gotten better and more enjoyable of the last few years and I thank the powers that be for that. Perfect? Nope not yet, but they keep working on it and that all we can ask.

We also had #33 on Sportsline tonight and as always Rod will have a recap on his blog later tonight or tomorrow. Plus, listen for highlights on CKRM in the morning. The players get it. They are as upset as we the fans are and they know they have to come back out and prove they are the team again. Again, that is all we can really ask. Szarka is definitely one of the good guys.

If you go to Joeys Only, I highly recommend the blackened snapper and Cajun shrimp. I like spicy and it was spicy. And very, very good. Thank you as always to Ron and the crew as they do take very good care of us. And as I have said before, Ron is one of the nicest people I know.

Today’s Lyrics

“Preacherman, don't tell me,
Heaven is under the earth.
I know you don't know
What life is really worth.”

For those that missed it I will have a pod cast of Sportsline right here, once it becomes available.

1 comment:

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Sportsline was great as always.

Some people will complain no matter what the Riders and City do to improve Taylor Field (I know Mosaic Stadium, but I still say Winston Cup :-) as well)

However I have to admit I myself did whine about replays not being shown on the Maxtron

And I agree I don't understand why people have to continually get up during the game to get a drink or eats. Yeesh...it's a football game not an all you can eat/drink buffet.

I'm also glad the Club are continuing to improve on the handling yahoos that attend the games.

Have a great one eh!!!... :-))

Phil