Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dammit

Not a lot can be said about that one. I guess you could break it down into two halves and go back and forth about this that and the other thing but… I am not going to do that. That is all over the message boards and all over the call-in shows, and I know most if not all of you reading this have seen and heard it all by now so I will move on. OK just a few quick ones.

- What’s with Andy?
- Welcome to SK Wes, buy a home stay a while.
- KJ did not play that poorly; in fact I don’t know the stats, but how many first downs did he get us with his legs? More than one. And he had zero turnovers.
- Special teams were called out a bit last week, last night they played great. The one tackle by Lynch was one of the best open field tackles I have seen.
- Where is Kit Jones? I only heard his name once last night. Kit where the heck are you man?
- Matt D can catch the football!
- FRED!!! Nuff said.
- If Luca had had the opportunity at the end, he would have made the kick.
- The thing that annoys me the most about these two losses is that the HATERS are back… Go crawl back under your rocks.

Does that many constitute a few? I will leave it at that.


My question/thought for today is: Why we all care so much? It is, after all, just a game. (I know, sacrilege right?) But count me as one that thinks it is more then just a game. Back to the question… is it the hard earned dollars we spend on this team with season tickets, merchandise, lottery tickets, etc that drives us crazy? I don’t think so. It’s only money right? Is it the fact that you can see the whole mood of the province go up and down based on Rider wins and Rider losses? I think that’s a big part of it, and I can honestly say I see a change in people (to an extent) good or bad after a win or a loss. I think the main reason we all care so much is that we have all put a significant number of our years on this planet cheering for this team. Win, loose, or draw, so many of us have stayed true and will continue to do so. That, I feel, is the reason we all live and die a little more with each win and loss.

For those that have a Riderville membership, this will not be new to you. Eric Tillman takes these losses just as hard as the rest of us. He like many others, was on the message boards with his post-game thoughts and concerns and kudos. He has been there win, lose or draw. He was there to thank us all for coming out in great numbers for the first 2 home games, he was also there to defend his team and give a little insight as to the direction the 2007 Riders are heading. He readily admits there will be ebb and flow in this year but guarantees he will work to improve this team at every opportunity he has. And that is what we want/need from our General Manager. Eric, I really have no idea if you read this or not but if you do, I want to say ‘thank you’ for the things you have done on and off the field so far as the GM of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. You have to love the fact we all CARE!! So folks, tell me please, why do you care so much? What is in it for you?

Dammit I hate the Edmonton Eskimos!

Man my lawn needed that rain!

New Poll Is Up.


Today’s Lyrics

“ I go out seal hunting with my best friend Tarka
But all I wanna do is get into his parka”

Go Argos!!!

6 comments:

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Man I'm glad to see a blog entry from you today. I was going through withdrawl. hadn't seen one since Wednesday... :-))

Last night was definitely a heart breaker especially losing to team under the guidance of a Garden Gnome... :-))

I have a feeling the boys will really have their work cut out for them next week at practice.

If nothing else the Esks have exposed their adjustments and the Riders coaches can see our weaknesses, so I think we will see a totally different game next Saturday.

Go get'm boys...it's a game...work hard, but have fun and the wins will come.

You and Jo have a great one eh!!!

Phil

Anonymous said...

Great post Racer!This loss in my opinion will only serve to strengthen the team!
It seems these "haters" are like bottom feeders who only come out in the dark times!Easy to criticize after a loss!
The GAY Eskimo Weird Al!
Very fitting song title although PETA may take issue with those lyrics LOL!
Dave

rickyg said...

Damn, damn, damn. OK that about covers the second half. No O-line and many drops and a 19 point lead aint quite enough. Damn I hate the Esks so much. But stuff happens and it's another game on Saturday. And the lyrics are "The only gay eskimo" by Corky and the Juice Pigs, but I have my suspicions that there are more than one gay Eskimo.

Racer said...

Phil

It has been very busy as of late and it has been hard to find the time daily, but I thank you for the kind words as always. Saturday will be a good one, but then when don't we say that right. :-) I hope you and yours are all well.

Dave
Correct on the song! Well its not Weird Al but close enough :-) Everyone gets and opinion right? I just get tired of some whos are always and only negative.

Rick

Not a lot more needs to be said then Damn! And yes it is Corky + :-) We just need to get them in our house and kick em around a little and all will be good in the world again.

Joe

Anonymous said...

My daughter brought home a Weird Al CD home from the library!That dude IS Weird LOL!When I said "Easy to crticize a loss" I meant it's always harder to find positives after a loss!Nothing wrong with a little constructive crticism but nothing constructive ever results from being permanently negative which I'm sure you guys get your fill of on The Roundtable after a loss!Hope that makes sense! You've got to remember I'm a truck driver LOL!
Dave

Racer said...

Dave

Perfect sense man :-)