Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hot Legs

As you have read here on TRR before, I really do not care if it’s Gainer throwing the football as long as the Riders are winning. With that said, I thought Kerry did a great job the other day in Montreal both with his arms and his legs. As I watched the highlights the other night on ITH, there must have been 4-5 times Kerry’s scrambling ability got him out of trouble. The one that stuck out the most was the TD pas to Childs. This is not to say Marcus does not have scrambling ability, but to say that Kerry, when need, has a great pair of legs (things that sound wrong but are not). I also thought Kerry threw the ball well and in fact his numbers could have even been better if it were not for a few drops. The O will come together a bit more I feel, and if the D holds them all to 1 point we’re golden.

It is a shame Yo will be out for a while, but if Cory Grant gets in there as the 5th receiver (still to be seen) I think he will do fine. Cory will drive you crazy making the phenomenal catch one time and then, well, you know. But the “Deuce” is a pretty smart receiver and I assume has taken his time off to learn the new Offence. I think our new receiving crew are great, and I think we’ll be having a big year in 07.

Thursday Thoughts

- A while ago I stated that certain men should not walk around with their shirts off and I stand by that statement. I also think that legally certain women should not be allowed to wear halter tops.

- 28.8 K on Sunday is going to be awesome. Loud and proud baby.

- I have a brother in-law named Gary. I call him Gary. I don’t pronounce it GREE so why is Calgary pronounced Cal-GREE?

- I feel bad for Yo Murphy. Get better man, I wanna see you out there.

- The term “hot enough for ya?” is just as annoying as “cold enough for ya?”

- By the time you read this, Milt Stegal will probably have the record for the most TD’s in the CFL. Congrats Turtle man.

- How many Walkmans with the game playing will people out at Craven be wearing next Friday?

- I am thinking of starting a new video segment called “Rider Rides”. An expose on the cars driven by the boys in green and white. Thoughts? Would anybody care?

- Make sure you watch the game highlights on The Score on Sunday night to see our own Rod Pedersen; he does a bang up job.

- Every weekend needs to be a long weekend!

- Kerry Joseph will be in the top 5 rushers in the CFL this year.

- I saw on CFL Snap last night and an interview with Kevin Glen. In it the hosts mentioned that the Bombers are not getting a lot of respect from the media. Am I missing something? I really do feel the Bombers are going to be the class of the East this year. Would a SK vs Winnipeg Grey Cup not be insane?

- Am I the only one enjoying the fact “The Glue Factory” has quit with the BS dances etc after they score? Hell, they used to even dance after a 10 yard reception. I always felt that made the league look bush. Glad to see the powers that be have, for now, put a stop to it. I feel they may not have a lot of opportunities this Sunday anyhow.

- If you have not read the book “Rider Pride On The American Side” find a copy and give it a read. Terry did a great job on it. I think the Gopher will be in the house this weekend.

- How cool has this week been for a CFL fan. . Sportsline Monday, ITH on Tuesday, Belmont Tire Coaches’ Show and CFL Snap Wednesday, and a game everyday for the next 4 days. (Editors Note:Boy oh boy )

- Will the Global warming crowd be all over the Riders for the amount of gas used this year by Gainer?

- Look for the new Leader Post Mini Maxtron to be up and going this Sunday - two screens no waiting.

- If you own an RV make sure to check out the Riderville RV Park this weekend. More info at Riderville.com

- Edwards caught that ball!!

- Think they will want Westwood back? LOL

That’s good for today.

Today’s Lyrics
“No one heard a single word you said.
They should have seen it in your eyes
What was going around your heart.”

Oh ya I forgot, No I did not : -) I hate Edmonton!

Time for this cat to get his football fix for a Thursday night. Hopefully the drugs the guys at TSN were taking last week have worn off. PEACE Out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup agree on KJ and the Duece!Thumbs up on the "Riders Rides"!
Right on! A sell out will be the icing on the cake while we shut down the glue factory!
I'll leave the lyrics for C ;-)

Dave

Anonymous said...

I know! I know!
Bon Jovi - Runaway

C

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Did you see the letter in today's L-P from Don Narcisse.

Kind a thought it was such a coincidence you were trying to contact him and then a letter also shows up in the L-P.

I think that would be absolutley excellent if you did something with the Rider players and their rides. Especially with the video capability of your new camera

You and Jo have a great one eh!!!

Oh ya...Is it hot enough for ya... :-))

Phil

Wolf said...

Holy doodles Joe is it really hot enough for ya.

I've heard of pee freezing before hitting the grond, but not evaporating like it did today... :-)

However I've learned to never complain about how hot it is, especially when I freeze my butt off in the winter.

Phil

Racer said...

Dave

I am going to try the Rider Rides thing, one anyhow and see how it goes. When I have no idea but. And you are such a gentleman :-)

C

I did not do that on purpose but as you may have noticed the song always has a little bit to do with the report, not always but. Kinda thought you may get that one.

Phil

Just got home but I will have a look. Again hopefully I can get something together on the Rides idea. I wanna do Fred and his 22" rims first :-)

Yes Yes today it was hot enough for me. Good for business bad for the guy carrying 190 50LB bottles of water around. But I made it through :-)

Joe