Saturday, July 14, 2007

It’s the End Of The World, As We Know It

Ok not really and we all know it. Last night was pretty hard to watch but as they say, you can't win 'em ell. Overall, there were a few positives I thought, as I stated numerous times on Roundtable last night even with a score of 42-12. I thought the defence played pretty well, not as well as they had been, but there were guys making plays out there and from my vantage point I did not see anyone giving up. So in a defeat like that you, if nothing else, want to see your team play it out until the end and I thought they did. I am not sure about you guys, but even when it was 28-12 I thought we still had a chance. I think this team can come back - they did not last night, but I honestly felt that they did have a chance. Mr Fantuz has been an exceptional ball player there are no two ways about it, but Andy, you have got to make those catches. And in my humble opinion, you need to lay out for those balls that were a bit beyond you. Just my 2 cents; he will bounce back I am certain of it and lets hope it's soon. As for Kerry...what can you say? He played poorly last night, he was not getting a lot of help at times either but he needed to step it up and he did not. Marcus came in and did a pretty good job although that first pick was a bit of a back breaker. Room for improvement in a lot of aspects based on last night game, but we have all seen and will see again this team play the way it can. One caller on Roundtable said last night that the team did not have heart. I cannot tell you if he was specifically speaking of just last night or in general, but I called BS on that right away. I think this team does have heart, and can win the big games. Montreal was a big game, as was the Calgary game and we all saw how those went. I won’t go as far as calling him a HATER but maybe Hater lite? Bring on the Esks next week!

Congrats to all the fans; great turn out on a night when there were a lot of things up against the football game for your entertainment dollar. You came out in full force, good on ya guys and gals. I will say one thing. I did not sit in my normal seats last night, as my editor and I sat in a different section. These were great seats we had last night, but there were a few anoyingis maximus fans where we were which just made the whole thing worse to watch. I think you honestly should be allowed to smack certain (and I hesitate to call them this) Rider fans upside the head. Maybe next time try a few less beers you knob. Rant Over!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. I did not take a lot but the rest can be found here.
SK vs BC

Today’s Lyrics

“I said " slow don't go so fast,
don't you think that love can last?"

She said " Love, Lord above,

now you're tryin' to trick me in love"

As there were no Thursday Thoughts this week, I just thought I would remind everyone I hate Edmonton : -)

4 comments:

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Great pre and post game programs as always.

I couldn't believe anyone would say the guys didn't play with heart...yeesh.

Not sure what is was like on your side of the field, but I was pretty PO'd when some Boo Birds came out... :-( Ya...Ya I know they paid their money and can boo if they want, but to me it's foolish to boo your own team. So much for the 13th man.

As for those donkeys that ran out on the field. I hope Regina's finest accidentally kicked them in the knackers out in the parking lot... :-).

They need to use the canine patrol at games. If people want to cheer at idiots running out onto the field then how about cheering for the dogs chewing the crap out of those idiots. After one or two incidents like that I don't think you'd see it happening again... :-))

I was more disgusted at the Boo Birds and streakers than the team for losing. The boys had an off night and they will be back.

Sorry for the rant Joe...boy do I feel better now...think it's time for a Bud... :-)

Phil

Racer said...

Phil

You put it perfectly my friend! How bloddy long did it take anyone to get the one guy off? ET was pretty pissed at security over that one, and I do not blame him.

Bring on the Schmoes.

Racer said...

Dustin
Hope you dont mind I moved this to today Vs the older thread.



:) Well..I still think DJ is the real thing but I pin Crandell's interception on the first drive solely on Flick's inability to either catch the ball or bat it down. Fred Perry is the best D guy in the league...he made so many plays I can't even count them all! As for Fantuz...I was saying months ago we don't need Clermont..we got Andy! But now with his ridiculous hands of stone...arrrrgghhh!!!!. He is still a great player but back to back horrible games...what a letdown! Joe I wanted to phone in tonight but I just grabbed a stool at the bar instead and drowned away my sorrows like the other 27000.

Dustin

Anonymous said...

Great take on the Game! I'd have to agree with you on all points!Also agree with Phil especially on the point of the Canine Patrol!
That "streaker" was on the field for way too long!I think even he was surprised that no one was going after him!
Ironicaly two of our "Cities finest" clad with bullet proof vests and sidearms were just standing there watching him from about twenty feet away!
What a show of disrespect (by those maroons running around on the field) to the Club and to the CFL!
Whoever these dudes are I hope they are permanently banned from the stadium!
Dave