Sunday, July 29, 2007

Saturday In The Park

SWEET

That was a great way to spend a Saturday at the park don't you think? I am all for a good close game, but man I do love a good butt kicking as well; certainly even a little more when it's my good friends the Edmonton Eskimos. What can you say but domination. All three phases of the game were well executed and there was effort and heart for a full 60 minutes as they say. In a few of my post-game interviews with the Esk's, the recurring theme was that the Riders were ready for this game. In fact, one of the Eskimo players commented that the Riders had momentum even before the game started. You will notice in a few of the videos I will have below the players all hugging and bonding before the game. I am not sure if that's new or I have just never noticed before, but it's kind of cool. They are playing as a team this year even in the losses and it looks like they have come together as a team off the field as well.

Game day started off great as well as the TD club was I think/hope another good one. Roundtable after the game was a different experience as Frenzy was away. For those who did not get a chance to listen, however, I (with the help of Carm at my suggestion) had Danny Mac on the show for the first 10 minutes, along with Carm and Rod. He shed some great post-game insight and it was very cool to have him on. Nice man, very personable, and in the short time I spoke with him I could tell not an arrogant bone in his body. Thank you again to my special guest hosts last night - I really appreciate it. And thanks to you folks for listening. So many individual great plays last night but it was a team win and I am going to give credit to everyone.

Here are a few of the numerous snaps I took yesterday. And the bulk of the pictures can be found here. SK vs Edm


I aslo took a number of videos again, here are a few. The rest along with all the others I have done can individually be found here. Rider Videos or below I have a player which allows you to watch them right here.








Today's Lyrics

"People talkin' about us,
they got nothin' else to do
when it all comes down we will
still come through"

There will be Streakers in the park today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics/videos!Thanks for sharing!What a game!We OWNED the Esks from the opening kick off!This game made my season!
Also noticed that before every game on the sidelines Kent makes a point of shaking hands with all his assistant Coaches!
Man I wish I would have brought my camera!It would have been great to get a couple of shots of those Coors Lite Moto Cross(Stunt Team) Racers!
Hope you guys (Streakers)have a great game today!
Dave

Anonymous said...

That game was a thing of beauty!
I don't recall the 'bonding hugs' last season, but I have been known to have memory lapses now and again.
First thing I noticed this year was how great the team looked during the national anthem. Classy all the way.
Great pics as usual and I love the videos.

C

Anonymous said...

BTW...The Eagles Long Run.
C

Wolf said...

Whoo...Hoo it was a beautymous win for the Riders!!!

Bring on the heat... :-))

Phil

Anonymous said...

One more thing....2 in a row for Tony!!!!!

C

Racer said...

Dave

Thank you. It takes a bit of work to get these all together and its cool you guys are checking them out. I asked the boys on Sportsline tonight if that was new, they said not entirely, but that Kent wants them to make sure to enjoy thier time together. Care about each other and your team.

We did have a good game not our best, but we did come out with the win.

C

Yes Eric mentioned the anthem to me last week as I am sure you saw, Its pretty cool to see some of the small things that have been implimented this year. And thank you for the kudos :-) Correct on the song! And yes darn fine weekend for us Rider/TS fans hell just to top it off the Eskimoes and Stamps lost... now that is a good weekend. And 24 was 3rd.

Phil

Beautymous is a darn fine way to say it. Now lets keep rolling!


Thank you everyone for your comments.

Joe