Monday, August 27, 2007

I Love A Rainy Night

Actually saw Eddy Rabbit the one and only time I was ever at Craven back in the 80’s; but I digress. Hello everyone : -). No, I have not fallen off the face of the planet. My family and I were on holidays this past week (more on that below), that’s why no TRR for the last bit.

Let’s see…what has happened since we last spoke… Oh ya, there was a hell of a football game at Mosaic stadium Saturday August 18th. It will go down in Rider lore as one of those “Where were you on the night of the storm in 2007?” I will be proud to say I was on the Taylor Field sidelines through it all. I have said it on the air but I will say it here too: I LOVED IT. It was a honour for me to be able to be a part of the team that kept the Rider fans informed and I appreciate all of the kind words for both me and the amazing group of guys I work with at CKRM. Thank you to Willy Cole for being on holidays so I could be a part of it. Man, you guys were insane when the team came back out! I have always been proud of the Rider nation, but I was a little extra proud of you guys that night. As for the game, lots has been said and lots will be said, was it a defining moment for this team this year? We will see. Lets keep rolling and kick a litte Bomber ass this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, how much do I/we love the LDC? The weekend is always such a great time what with yelling at Bomber fans staying at the Travelodge South, to all the “you suck” drum routines from Spanky in section 25, to the entire atmosphere at Mosaic stadium. I just love it - bring it on!

Let’s see what else happened while I was off. Oh, wait, I remember C-MURDER is back where he belongs… How cool is it to have CH back? For faithful readers and listeners of mine you will know I have never hid my shear admiration for Corey both as a football player and as a man. Much has been written and said about CH over the last while and there will be more in the future. Good to have you home Murder!! I don’t know if it was on the air or not so hopefully I am not speaking out of school, but at some point Corey said to me he wants to finish off his football career here in Sask (I know, not exactly a news flash), and I for one am very glad he will now be able to do that. I could ramble some more but I promised the editor I would keep it kind of short tonight. Does the above count as short?

A few videos and photos from the JJERKS (Joe, Jo, Em, Ryley, Kris) family vacation 2007.

A few videos from our family vacation 2007! We traveled up to McPhee Lake and Prince Albert National Park once again. Aside from the weather, which you will note was horrid; the rest of the trip was amazing. Hard to believe you are in Saskatchewan when you are hiking through forests along side roaring rivers and babbling brooks or along the shoreline of the mighty Waskesui Lake.







And here is the entire collection.



And a few pictures

From Vac Pics 2007...


From Vac Pics 2007...


From Vac Pics 2007...


From Vac Pics 2007...


From Vac Pics 2007...


From Vac Pics 2007...


From Vac Pics 2007


And here are 2 slideshows of all the pictures. I sat through all of it (ran both at the same time for awhile) and it look about 40 mins. Get a comfy chair and some strong coffee. Yes, we took way too many pictures with the new camera!





Or you can view them individually here:

Vac Pics 2007

Vac Pics 2007 PartII


Yes the new camera got a very good workout.

JJERK

Results from the most recent TRR poll:

If KK Comes Back Do We Keep Both He And Wes Around?

It Will Be Tough But Lets Make It Work 67% (33 votes)
Nope Were Good Lets See What We Can Get For Him 33% (16 votes)
Total voters for this poll: 49

New one is up! As are the most recent Sportsline and Coachs’ Show podcasts.

Today’s Lyrics

“Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya (Back here where we need ya)”

Perry Nyhus rocks!!

5 comments:

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Good to see a new Blog entry.

Great vacation pics...at least the bear didn't mistake you all as snack'ems... :-))

The JJERKS (Joe, Jo, Em, Ryley, Kris) mystery is now solved. I've been trying to figure that one out since yesterday.

I always thought of you guys as very nice folks and couldn't understand why you referred to yourselves as JERKS... :-))

Great Sportsline tonight...I like the idea of yelling at the Bomber fans staying at the Vag.

I also now know where the sugar is kept in our house... :-)

Have a great one eh!!!

Phil

Wolf said...

Just guessing "The Boys Are Back In Town" Thin Lizzy. :-))

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!Great pictures!Too bad the weather wasn't better for you guys but like you said it was holidays!You can never go wrong with holidays!
It's amazing what a beautiful Province we live in!Go a few hours North and it's another paradise!
Also glad CH's is back! Hopefully he's back home for good :)
Great to hear you back on the airwaves!
Dave

Wolf said...

Correction...the lyrics are from "Welcome Back, Kotter"... :-))

Racer said...

Phil

Were not jerks we just spell one on TV :-) Come have a few yells with us down here it is fun I tell ya. And good cause it is coffee every second Monday eh :-). And yes Phil it is welcome back!!

Dave

As always sir you have said it well. I love Regina but I could get used to the north of the province also. Did you dry out yet ?