Saturday, July 7, 2007

The New Sheriff Will Be In Town

Mark Cohon will be stopping by Regina this weekend as he completes his visits to all of the stadiums around the CFL. We will have the privilege of having him on The Touchdown Club @ 3:45 PM tomorrow. Other guests that will be joining Bob and me will be Mark Stephen of QR77 Radio in Calgary to get the Stamps perspective. and we may have a visit from the author of “Rider Pride On The American Side”, The Minnesota Gopher himself. To be honest at times I never know who else may pop by, so make sure you’re listening. We will be live on the practice field starting at 2:30 - stop by and say hello if you get a chance. We do not have the comish on for long on Sunday, but if you would like me to ask him a question, email me at theracerreport@gmail.com and I will see what I can do. If you have a question for Bob and me or Mark Stephen from QR77 you can email that as well. Before Sunday that is, as I don’t have a crackberry so I cannot get email on the fly like we do during Sportsline or the Belmont Tire coachs’ show.

From what I understand there are still some tickets left for Sunday. Let’s all remember my “you tell two friends and they will tell two friends and so on and so on” plan.

If you missed them the first time here on TRR don’t forget to check out the video clips of Scott Schultz from Sportsline last week. You can see them all along with a few other things here if you like: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=TheRacerReport&p=r
Part 1 seems to be the most popular with 68 views; the others are in the 40’s so I assume some watched one but not all of them. As I mentioned the day I embedded them, they all look the same but are different clips.

Two pretty good games so far in the CFL this week. The Bomber/Al’s game was not to bad on Thursday night but no TD for Milt so the record is in tact for now. I would imagine it will happen next week, but I thought that this week as well. And it is always nice to see the Esk’s lose, plus I picked the Lions in our weekly CKRM radio crew pool so as of today I am 2-2 but so is everyone else. This week it was unanimous between all of us as we picked the Riders, Bombers, Lions and Argos. In my opinion, the refs are still blowing a few of the review calls but I guess it is better then nothing; if you’re going to have review man, you really do need to get it correct don’t you. And although it was not reviewed and TSN only showed the replay once, I thought Clermont did not make the one catch last night - got to love the PVR for your own reviewing purposes.

On Rod’s blog today, he comments on syncing up the radio with the TV broadcast and the difficulties surrounding that happening. What I would suggest for those that have the capability is: If you have a PVR (Personnel Video Recorder) you can pause and even rewind live TV, so if you tune into the game on CKRM on-line, you should be able to pause the TV feed and match it up with the internet as it is always behind due to lag. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

The Home Opener Will Be A Sell-out

Yes 30% (10 votes)


No 12% (4 votes)


Darn Well Better Be! 58% (19 votes)


Total voters for this poll: 33

New poll is up if you like.


KPS has their Street Stock invitational on this weekend, make sure you check it out. Plus if you are in the Estevan area Monday night this will be a great race event.

Mon July 9th @ 7:00 Dacotah IMCA Modified Tour Special: IMCA Modifieds, Hobby Stocks & IMCA Stock Cars

Today’s Lyrics

“Man its a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
I hear you whisper and the words melt everyone
But you stay so cool”

Have a lucky 07/07/07 today. If you win 6/49 tonight don’t forget to share with the blogger who reminded you it was 07/07/07

8 comments:

Wolf said...

Oh...Oh...I think I got this one...Santana "Smmoth".

Phil

Wolf said...

Oppsss...to many m's and not enough o's..."Smooth"

Racer said...

Phil

You sir are correct!!!

Wolf said...

Alrighty then I'm done for a while... :-)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to another edition of The Touchdown Club!I'll be there Walkman in hand!Be great to meet The Gopher(Terry)!I'll have to bring along my book in hopes of getting an autograph :-)
Dave

Wolf said...

Wow...Joe did you see the finish to the Pepsi 400...man talk about close.

I was glad to see McMurray snatch the win from Kyle Busch.

Phil

Racer said...

Dave

I am sure if you have your book he will John henry it.

Phil

GREAT finish just 2 cars i could care less about. You have really got to love the final 10 at Daytona!

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Have a great day today...eh!!!

Hopefully we'll be able to catch up to ya on the practice field.

Thake care.

Phil