Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Somebody call the cops!

I jokingly said a while ago on Sportsline that Eric Tillman should be careful that he does not get arrested for theft after some of the trades he made this spring. How evident was that after watching #3 on Sunday? I overheard a conversation while in an office today along the same vein; something like: “Eric had sent Hamilton a fruit basket after Sunday to thank them again for Flick.” I had a chance to talk to DJ quickly after the game on Sunday and I asked him, “Happy to be in SK?” - big smile comes over his face and it was a resounding “Yes!” So not only a solid player, but he also wants to be here as well; what more could you ask for. I watched In The Huddle Tuesday and DJ said (not exactly), “The play went my way” in regards to his second touchdown. Good players have a little luck on their side as well. I was waiting for the flag personally, but I guess we will have to settle for the touchdown eh?: -) One more thing I like about D.J. (anyone know what the D.J. stands for?) is the fact he can take a hit and he bounces right back up, plus no dancing crap afterwards, just good play. Mr. Flick, not that you were not always welcome but welcome to the greatest team in the CFL with the greatest fans…

There is that quote again “The greatest fans” Man, I wish there were always 28.8 k of the greatest fans out there, I know, I know, harp harp harp, but it really does piss me off. Why in the world was that game not sold out? And, sadly, why will the one Friday not be either? It will be close, I know the numbers, but the freaking Bombers sold out their home opener! I don’t care if it was because it was possible for Milt to break the record; it was Calgary man - come on! I know I am preaching to the choir here, but if I bitch about it I feel a little better. And no, I don’t care if it’s Craven on Friday night either!! Rant Over.

We had Mike Gibson on The Belmont Tire Coaches’ Show tonight. He, like the others have been, was a great guest. As always, you can check out Rod’s blog for more tomorrow, as well as clips on CKRM in the AM. Glad you guys had a chance to stop by Cathy and Phil : -) I know I have recommended the salt and pepper wings a few times before, I now also highly suggest the Buffalo Ranch wings!

A couple of guys sent me a note on my Youtube page telling me about their Rider page, have a look and see what you think.
http://www.riderpride.tv/

Here is another site I came across tonight.
RiderMotorHome.Com


I give you CJ The Water Cooler Cat!



Today’ Lyrics

“With a flick of my knife
I can change your life
There's nothing you can do”

Another great week for a CFL fan. as again there is something every night. Once I confirm the guests for Friday’s TD Club I will have them here. I have not heard back from T Moore yet; he must be busy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You nailed it Joe...I was putting the last coat of lacquer on my "Flick is the Next French" Trophy after he dropped a couple...but then what the hell! He turned into a superhero, glad to see he is coming into his own. After the first game and a few plays early on against Calgary I was wondering what happened to the guy I watched rip it up in practise. Well he has arrived in a big way. Just checked out your blog from Roddy's link...good job!

Dustin

Anonymous said...

Great take on DJ!What a great receiver!Man there could be a brick wall in front of him and he's still going in for the catch!Also dig the relation to todays lyrics!I still relate to this song being a truck driver LOL!
Can't understand why we didn't sell out Sunday either!The way we shut down the glue factory should show the world that yes The Riders are for real! Got to check out Sportsline and The Coaches Show live at The Press Box! Sounds like a cool bar!Holidays coming up! Man it's a drag working until 7-8 o' clock everday!
Dave

Wolf said...

Hey Joe;

Great show as always and the salt and pepper wings were beautymous.

It was great to be able to chat with you and Jo this evening.

With cats like that around the world no wonder you're so busy with deliveries... :-)

Take care and be safe.

Phil

Racer said...

Dustin

Thank you and thank you for stopping by. I think DJ will have a very good year. Heck I think all the receivers will.

Dave

You do need to come by, I look forward to it. Have I mentioned the wings? :-)

Phil

Now if I could just teach all of the cats and dogs of the world to do that. Great as always to see you guys again last night as well.

Joe